Challenge: Made up of four communities, the booming Tri-Cities have been facing a few challenges. First, they needed to differentiate themselves from all of the other communities in Eastern Washington as a place to live, work and play. Second, urban sprawl has caused their downtown cores to be, for the most part, overlooked, underutilized and underdeveloped. Third, the area is so full of chain restaurants and chain retail, it's difficult to find "home grown" eateries, shops, galleries and activities. Finally, while there are plenty of different cultural arts organizations, the cultural depth is not apparent.
Solution: With so many amazing assets to build on, Roger’s Branding program helped the Tri-Cities articulate that they are more of a lifestyle choice than just a location or asset-based choice for business, living and visiting. That attractive lifestyle is recreationally-oriented with locals desiring more cultural depth, central gathering places (downtowns), and more organic or home-grown businesses.
The Tri-Cities brand is all about living life with an exclamation point and a fist pump. Their infectious lifestyle is all about enthusiasm, exuberance, excitement, a festive lifestyle, exceptional opportunities, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Consistent messaging and graphics throughout the regional organizations: Tourism, Chamber, and Economic Development.
- New marketing pieces have been developed by Visit Tri-Cities: Visitors guide, video, etc
- Check out their new marketing video here
- Each community within the Tri-Cities is working on product development.
- The region is working on a Wayfinding signage plan.