Challenge: Devon, Alberta, located near Edmonton, was planned by Imperial Oil in 1948 as a place for employees to live. With no unique focus, visitors had few reasons to visit Devon.
Solution: Roger's Multi-Community BrandCamp helped focus the champions Devon had to become Bike Town Alberta. They are creating a community that promises everyone, regardless of their age or skill level, an exceptional ride in beautiful scenery in Devon. With miles of paved trails, a mountain bike skills park in the works, and the enthusiasm and adventurous spirit of their youth, Devon is attracting visitors from Edmonton to come and enjoy their exciting Bike Town.
The logo and graphics portray the excitement and free spirit of Bike Town Alberta.
- Won Alberta's Tourism Community of the Year
- Never before have the Devon youth been as engaged as they are now
- In 2011, the youth of Devon proposed a bike park, which led the town to winning $25,000 toward the park build
- Hosted the Kraft Celebration Tour and TSN Sportscentre
- The concept behind the Bike Town branding is working to make Devon more liveable as they grow and to encourage and facilitate active transportation
- Elected as a starting stage of the Tour of Alberta, the highest level UCI event in Canada!
- Opened a coffee shop and cakery which is now the talk of all their cyclists
- Attracted a new developer who loves the Bike Town concept, who purchased land in the downtown and plans to re-develop into an eco-friendly building
- Attracted new events: Tour de Bike Town, Alberta Youth and Para cycling; Winter Bike Race, Cyclocross Provincials