Coos County, New Hampshire
Challenge: With a shrinking timber industry, Coos County needs tourism to help revitalize the communities in the region.
Solution: Roger and his team helped Coos County develop a regional brand to attract the visitors they need. With three of the five remaining Grand Resorts in New England, Roger recommended the county become the Land of Grand Resorts and Grand Adventure. Spectacular mountain vistas, crystalline lakes, grand adventures unlike anywhere else, along with the elegant Grand Resorts provide visitors a place of ease and modern comfort after a day in the great outdoors.
Roger helped Coos County with their overall branding effort, website design, wayfinding, retail technical assistance, and collateral material design.
- The county’s tourism spending has increased five times the state’s average increase.
- Website traffic has increased. During roughly the first year there were about 50,000 page views. In the second year the number of page views almost tripled.
- From 2008-2010, the average growth of rooms and was about 10%
- During fiscal 2011, spending by tourists in Coos totaled about $71.5 million. That was up $9.5 million – or about 15 percent - over the previous year. That was more than any other county.
- Marketing NH Grand has gotten the county's diverse communities to work together. Something that is vital in rural counties for solving all sorts of problems.