The first presentation in our “Resurgence of Downtowns” series, demonstrated WHY downtowns are back and more important than ever. We also touched on the nine things that need to be done to make a downtown great again.
In this presentation, we’ll show you HOW to actually implement all nine of them. Using photographic examples, we’ll showcase what downtowns are doing, at low cost, to make them vibrant, successful destinations for both local residents AND visitors.
You’ll see how to:
- Get your elected officials supporting a downtown focus
- Bring people downtown consistently, so merchants will come back
- Deal with empty buildings, turning lemons into lemonade
- Find your focus: What your downtown should be about
- Engage your property owners and what to do if they won’t lift a finger
- Choose the block – or building – where you start the effort
- Recruit the business mix you need to win
- Find and promote your “anchor tenant” and what that actually is
- Fund beautification and who should be charged with making it happen
This one-hour presentation will provide you with the tools and strategies you can use to get your downtown moving in the right direction. Get everyone you know to attend this VERY important presentation. It’s time to make it all happen!